Monday 13 June 2011

Day 8 Summary

8:00am - Paleo Banana Pancakes with honey and fresh strawberries. A bit sweet and I ate the lot, which I probably didn't need to, but they took the edge off my need to overindulge occasionally.

12:30pm - A portion of yesterday's pork curry with carrots.

4:00pm - Some mixed nuts and dried fruit. The usual combo.

6:30pm - Focus. 1RM back squat. Managed a PB of 110kg but the depth needs work.
WOD - 400m run then 21, 15, 9 reps of 20kg KB swings and pull ups (using foot through the blue band). Finish with a 400m run. Managed it in 10:33 which wasn't stellar but the weights/difficulty level were hard for me.

8:30pm - Salmon fillet with brocolli, cauliflower and a corn on the cob (that's them evil corns gone now). No spices or anything, just a dollop of freshly made paleo tomato ketchup.

Throughout the day - Water

The Ketchup

Very easy to make.

I used about a third of a tin of chopped tomatoes, 3 dessert spoons of organic tomato puree, 3/4 teaspoon garlic granules, 1/2 teaspoon onion granules, 3 crushed cloves, 1/3 teaspoon Schwarz 'mixed spice' which contains cassia, coriander seed, caraway, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar. Chuck it all in a small pan, mix and simmer for 15 minutes. You could probably add chilli or garlic or anything you like to this to make variations.

I had a handy pot spare.


It needs to be kept in the fridge and I have no idea how long it will last. I don't plan to find out though as it is delicious :)

That's me done for tonight. Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment