Thursday 23 June 2011

Day 18 - My Mum's Birthday

Happy birthday mum!

I met mum for lunch and broke the diet quite badly. I had a thai red curry with rice, which was the best of the options available. The thing about rice is that it is basically just a filler and bad because, as that link puts it, it crowds out more nutrient rich foods.

The real sin happened after, when I shared a large chocolate brownie ice cream sundae with her. This was very bad because it's obviously full of sugar and dairy and to a lesser extent (it was mostly cream and ice cream) wheat. Sugar and wheat being the worst possible things to eat. I have my own opinions on dairy, which I'll share in a later post.

Lunch aside I'm back to full paleo.

Interesting to note that even sharing a dessert is enough for me to feel the food sitting very heavy in my stomach. The rice did it for about 15 minutes after I ate it (there was a gap between curry and dessert) and the dessert for the last couple of hours and, as I can't see into the future without my glasses, maybe longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment